Mastering the Dynamics 365 Business Application Platform
This course provides knowledge of customizing the core features of Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement.
Learn next-level options to customize a Dynamics 365 implementation for Sales and Service. Master all customization basics and get hands-on experience with automating tasks via Business Rules, Workflow and Business Process Flows. Learn design impacts of the Unified Client Interface and discover Microsoft Flow.
This class can help prepare you for the MB2-716 exam.
Audience: Business Analysts, Consultants, Architects, Developers, System Integrators, Project Managers
Join us for an in-depth five-day (1/2 days) class on Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM) Customization and Configuration Best Practices.
Instructor - Lindsay Marrin, MCT
Spots are limited for this training, so register today.
Introduction to Customization Options
- Overview of Dynamics 365
- Configuration Basics – System Settings, Auditing, Email
- Customization Principles – Managing Solutions
Building a Security Model
- Overview of Dynamics 365 Security Model
- Create and Manage Business Units
- Create, Configure and Manage Security Roles
- How Users and Teams Apply to the Security Model
- Visual App Designer
- Create and Modify Applications Using App Designer
Entity Customization in Dynamics 365
- Entity Customization Concepts
- Defining Entity Ownership
- Working with Entity Properties
- System VS. Custom Entities
Field Customization in Dynamics 365
- Creating Fields – Data Types and Display Formats
- Using Calculated and Roll-up Fields
- Working with Local and Global Option Sets
- Using Field Level Security
- Alternate Keys
- Status and Status Reason Transitions
- Overview of Relationships
- 1:N and N:N Relationships
- Using Entity Mapping
- Connections and Connection Roles
- Dynamics 365 Form Types
- Editable Grids
- Working with Multiple Forms
- Unified Client Interface Design Notes
- Specialized Form Components
- Using Controls and Web Resources
- Access Teams and Role-based Forms
- Types of Views in Dynamics 365
- Creating and Customizing Views
- Configure Global Search
Visualize Data: Charts and Dashboards
- Customizing Charts
- Customizing Dashboards
- Modifying Dynamics 365 Themes
Building Business Rules
- Overview of Business Rules
- Business rule Structure and Design
- Using Conditions and Actions
Processes in Dynamics 365
- Creating Workflows
- Business Process Flows
- Using Steps, Stages and categories
- Conditional Branching
- Calling Workflow from Business Process Flow
- Task Flows
Introducing Microsoft Flow
- Automating Dynamics 365 with Flow
- Using the Mobile App
- Flow Templates and Connectors
- Managing and Troubleshooting your Flows
Computers are Required
Each student must have their own Dynamics 365 application for the duration of the class. You will be provided with details on how to set up an environment prior to your class.
This training includes interactive lessons and hands-on labs, please have your PC ready with audio/video capabilities. We recommend using a modern browser for the richest hands-on experience.
Students should allow some time before or after class hours to continue hands-on labs (approx 1 hour daily).
Training Locations and Times
This is a virtual class.
Select your preferred date above before adding this class to your cart.
Class Hours: 1PM - 5PM (Eastern)
All registrations are pending approval by DynamicsU Corporation.