Business Intelligence and Analytics for Dynamics 365 (CRM)
Experience reporting from 3 different perspectives – D365, SQL, PowerBI. All these perspectives are ultimately converging towards the main goal of delivering the right insights, at the right time, into any business.
Each of these perspectives are delivered through independent modules. If you are comfortable in one, enhance your understanding and expand your toolbox with the others.
Audience: Data Analysts, Report Designers, System Architects, Developers, System Integrators, Project Managers
Prerequisite: Microsoft Dynamics Configuration or relevant experience
This class is delivered as an instructor-led virtual class.
- 3 online sessions 1-4PM (Eastern).
- We cover the theoretical topics in the agenda, walking through the design steps and inciting the audience to architectural discussions.
- Off-line support is provided to students working on the hands-on-labs through a dedicated channel; any complex lab questions will be addressed during the live sessions.
Experience, enthusiasm and passion matter. Join DynamicsU for the most comprehensive, in-depth training available anywhere for Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Instructor - Adriana Nedelcu, MCT, PMP, MSc
Spots are limited for this training, so register today.
Report Writing - Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM) Virtual Bootcamp
- We will review of the different report types that can be published and/or consumed in D365 and define the common terminology used throughout the class
- We will provide an inventory of the dev tools and online/on-premise report dev environments that can be used and criteria for design and selection of the proper tool matching the reporting requirements.
D365 native reporting and extensibility mechanisms
- Report Wizard
- Mobile experience
- Review the reporting services architecture
- Define the building blocks required for any type of report
- Understand how the D365 system reports can be leveraged and expanded on
- SQL view-based reports and where do we go from here
- FetchXML reports
- Understand the PowerBI platform architecture and how it interacts with D365
- Design pure PowerBI artifacts
- Publish and consume PowerBI assets to D365
Upgrade SQL reports to FetchXML or PowerBI reports
- Review the differences between SQL reports and FXML/PBI and understand how to group reporting patterns based on roles, volume and complexity.
- Build a decision tree for report upgrade paths, based on specific considerations
Personal Machines are Required
Each attendee should have a machine with local admin permissions. We will have dedicated time for the configuration of all the necessary dev reporting tools required to work on the labs.
Each student will have their own Learning and Development environment for the duration of the class.
This training is hands-on. Students will require their own machine ready with audio/video capabilities. We recommend using a modern browser for the richest hands-on experience.
Training Locations and Time
All registrations are pending approval by Microsoft and DynamicsU Corporation.